I am co-organizing the Virtual Israel Macro Meeting (VIMM), the international online seminar series in macroeconomics and monetary economics of the Bank of Israel’s Research Department. Check out our website to see the great line up of speakers or attend. Follow VIMM on Twitter @vimacro_org
- 27/06/2021: I will present our paper (with Makram El-Shagi and Yossi Saadon) about expert experience and characteristics affecting inflation forecasts at the Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society (AMES). Updated paper available here.
- 16/04/2021: I will present our paper (with Lahcen Bounader) about optimal monetary policy under bounded rationality at the Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER), Bank of Lithuania. Updated paper and presentation are available here.
- 03/01/2021: Watch the presentation of our paper (with Sophia Kazinnik and Yossi Saadon) about central bank communication in times of pandemics here (Vimeo), presented at the 133nd American Economic Association annual conference (ASSA/AEA).
- 10/11/2020: In a new working paper (with Sophia Kazinnik and Yossi Saadon), we present text mining applications for central bank texts through the free software R. Paper available here.
- 27/10/2020: In a new working paper (with Makram El-Shagi and Yossi Saadon), we link the economics of education, behavioral economics, and forecasting literature to relate inflation experts’ forecasting performance and boldness to his/her age, experience, location, and education. Paper available here.
- 30/09/2020: Watch the presentation of our paper (with Lahcen Bounader) about optimal monetary policy under bounded rationality here (YouTube), presented at the 35th annual congress of the European Economic Association (EEA). Paper and presentation PDFs are available here.