- 16/04/2021: I will present our paper (with Lahcen Bounader) about optimal monetary policy under bounded rationality at the Center for Excellence in Finance and Economic Research (CEFER), Bank of Lithuania. Updated paper and presentation are available here.
- 03/01/2021: Watch the presentation of our paper (with Sophia Kazinnik and Yossi Saadon) about central bank communication in times of pandemics here (Vimeo), presented at the 133nd American Economic Association annual conference (ASSA/AEA).
- 10/11/2020: In a new working paper (with Sophia Kazinnik and Yossi Saadon), we present text mining applications for central bank texts through the free software R. Paper available here.
- 27/10/2020: In a new working paper (with Makram El-Shagi and Yossi Saadon), we link the economics of education, behavioral economics, and forecasting literature to relate inflation experts’ forecasting performance and boldness to his/her age, experience, location, and education. Paper available here.
- 30/09/2020: Watch the presentation of our paper (with Lahcen Bounader) about optimal monetary policy under bounded rationality here (YouTube), presented at the 35th annual congress of the European Economic Association (EEA). Paper and presentation PDFs are available here.
The Bank of Israel’s Research Department launched the Virtual Israel Macro Meeting (VIMM), an international online seminar series in macroeconomics and monetary economics. See our next seminars and follow us on Twitter @VIMacro_org
I am a research economist at the Bank of Israel, Research Department. I was a visiting postdoctoral scholar at Harvard University, Department of Economics. I am also a research associate at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute), at the Henan University (Center for Financial Development and Stability), and at the Queen’s University (Conflict Analytics Lab).
I hold a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the ESSEC Business School, where my research focused on the effect of money and risk in the Eurozone. I have also studied theoretical and empirical economics at the Paris School of Economics (M.A.), corporate finance and management at the Grenoble School of Management (M.Sc.), and computer science and quantitative finance at the CY Tech (EISTI), Cergy Paris University (M.Eng.).
My research interests are in macroeconomics and monetary economics, financial economics, and econometrics.
I taught at several universities and business schools. I have also worked at and consulted private companies worldwide on their development and governments on specific research questions.
Referee activities : Publons.